Sunday 2 March 2014

Chateau La Garde, 2005, Pessac-Leognan, Bordeaux

Property of Mr Flabby Less
Chateau La Garde, 2005, Pessac-Leognan, Bordeaux

This chateau is a rising star of the Pessac-Leognan wine appellation in Bordeaux. 2005 was a very good vintage and it's drinking well now. I find this wine rich and concentrated, just the way I love my wines! 

It was a bit closed at the beginning but after breathing for slightly over an hour, it opens up beautifully. I enjoy the complex notes of metal, mineral, dark berries and cassis. I was enticed by the wine's dark red hue. Acidity was firm and tannins are quite rounded. There was a hint of sweet aftertaste.

This wine can still be cellared for a few more years and I think the result will be even better! Definitely worth the wait but it's also very good to be enjoyed now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment